Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lady Gaga is incensed about claims that she is using the gay community.


Lady Gaga is incensed about claims that she is using the gay community to sell albums branding the notion “ridiculous”.


In a new interview with Advocate magazine, the controversial singer - who has a huge gay following - dismissed critics who have accused her of capitalising on her fans and using them for her own gain.
T

he 25-year-old pop star, whose hit single Born This Way became a big gay anthem, says her music is deeper than just selling records.


“That’s one of the most ridiculous statements anyone can make about me,” she said of the claims.
“I would say the top thing I think about every single day of my life, other than my fans, loving the music, and my family being healthy, is social justice and equality.”


Gaga, real name Stefani Germanotta, was true to her word recently when she pulled out of a deal with retailer Target after it was alleged the company had contributed money to an “anti-gay candidate that was running for the governor of Minnesota”.


“You’re either going to try and change or you’re not,” Gaga stated. “Taking an ambiguous stance is not what I’m about, obviously.”


She also conceded that having rumours spread about her “comes with the territory of being a musician and being someone who is a public figure”.
© Cover Media

No comments: